Wedding planning can be stressful if you’re unsure of what you need to do and when. As a bride-to-be, you want your special day to be perfect and a smooth experience. Read this guide for help with what to do and when.
12-18 months before the wedding
- Set a budget that you don’t want to go over.
- Think about how many guests you want to have (this may affect your venue choices).
- Research wedding venues and potential dates for your special day.
- If you are opting for a wedding planner this is the perfect time to be doing it.
9-12 months before the wedding
- Confirm a date for the wedding and send save-the-date cards to guests.
- Start shopping for the dress of your dreams.
- Book your wedding venue after you have visited to see it in person.
- Start booking everything you want for the big day e.g. cake, music, photographer, decor, flowers, caterers).
- Ask your right hand team to be a part of your big day including bridesmaids, maid of honour, and best man.
6-9 months before the wedding
- Send out your wedding invitations to all guests.
- Order your dress (allow time for alterations and try on fittings).
- Plan the stag and hen parties if you are having them.
- Meet with your caterers to finalise the menu for the big day.
- Don’t forget about those bridesmaid's dresses.
- Start booking your honeymoon if you are having one.
3-6 months before the wedding
- Buy your wedding rings.
- Look over your seating chart and start planning.
- Have your hair and makeup trials so you know what you want for the day.
- Finalise details with all vendors and people you are relying on.
- Organise transportation to and from venues.
1-3 months before the wedding
- Buy any accessories needed for you or your bridesmaids.
- Have the final dress fitting and fall in love with your dress all over again.
- Review final RSVPs and confirm the seating chart.
- Confirm details of the wedding to make sure everything is still in place and make any last adjustments.
After you’ve done all this all that’s left is to enjoy your day. We wish you the best day.